Thursday, July 17, 2008

God is in YOUR Corner

The Lord himself will go before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forget you - Deuteronomy 31:8

When I was seven years old, I ran away from home. I'd had enough of my father's rules and decided I could make it on my own, thank you very much. With my clothes in a paper bag, I stormed out the back gate and marched down the alley. [But] I didn't get far. I got to the end of the alley and remembered I was hungry, so I went back home.

Though the rebellion was brief, it was rebellion nonetheless. And had you stopped me on that prodigal path.... I might just have told you how I felt. I might have said, "I don't need a father. I'm too big for the rules of my family."

I didn't hear the rooster crow like Peter did. I didn't feel the fish belch like Jonah did. I didn't get a robe and a ring and sandals like the prodigal did. But I learned from my father on earth what those three learned from their Father in heaven. Our God is no fair-weather Father. He's not into this love-'em-and leave'em stuff. I can count on Him to be in my corner no matter how I perform. YOU CAN TOO!
By: Max Lacado in his book: The Great House of God

No comments: